Family escapes house fire in Alpine Twp. | News
ALPINE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Fire crews in Alpine Township worked to put out a house fire for several hours Thursday morning.
The fire started around 1:45 a.m. in the 7000 block of Fruitridge Avenue. The family inside the house when the fire started was able to escape unharmed.
Firefighters say the fire started in a wood burning stove in the basement, before spreading to the first floor living room.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Board to address ballpark water upgrade proposal following fire
- My Town: Date set for Art Van Sports Complex grand opening
- Burglars lock up after stealing cigarettes
- 2 hospitalized following 131 crash near Post Drive
- Sun Title Launches EZ-Read Title CommitmentTM for Property Owners, Realtors® and Lenders