Family escapes house fire in Alpine Twp. | News
ALPINE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Fire crews in Alpine Township worked to put out a house fire for several hours Thursday morning.
The fire started around 1:45 a.m. in the 7000 block of Fruitridge Avenue. The family inside the house when the fire started was able to escape unharmed.
Firefighters say the fire started in a wood burning stove in the basement, before spreading to the first floor living room.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season
- My Town: Grand Rapids Catholic Central searching for new coach
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town Walker: Students to duct tape principal to a pole