Local family receives random act of kindness in Christmas card | News
SPARTA, Mich. (WZZM)-- A young family from Sparta received an early Christmas gift from strangers.
Stephanie Hurst, her boyfriend, and four-year old son were walking out of Wal-Mart Sunday morning when two strangers approached them and handed them a Christmas card. The strangers said, "Merry Christmas" and walked into the store without giving their names.
When the family opened the card, there was a 100 dollar bill inside and a note that said it was in memory of the teachers and children of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT.
Hurst says she and her boyfriend plan to put half of the money toward their son's future in his savings. The other half will be used to pay expenses.
She also says it makes her want to give more to her own community.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Help families with 'Simply Give' program through Sept. 27
- Rockford wins season opener
- From foreclosure to finished: Sable Homes set to complete neighborhood nearly a decade in the making
- My Town Rockford: Gas leak leads to driving detours
- My Town: Storms likely to blame for hundreds of power outages