Local family receives random act of kindness in Christmas card | News
SPARTA, Mich. (WZZM)-- A young family from Sparta received an early Christmas gift from strangers.
Stephanie Hurst, her boyfriend, and four-year old son were walking out of Wal-Mart Sunday morning when two strangers approached them and handed them a Christmas card. The strangers said, "Merry Christmas" and walked into the store without giving their names.
When the family opened the card, there was a 100 dollar bill inside and a note that said it was in memory of the teachers and children of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT.
Hurst says she and her boyfriend plan to put half of the money toward their son's future in his savings. The other half will be used to pay expenses.
She also says it makes her want to give more to her own community.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan
- Kenowa Hills music booster accused of stealing $100K