Local family receives random act of kindness in Christmas card | News
SPARTA, Mich. (WZZM)-- A young family from Sparta received an early Christmas gift from strangers.
Stephanie Hurst, her boyfriend, and four-year old son were walking out of Wal-Mart Sunday morning when two strangers approached them and handed them a Christmas card. The strangers said, "Merry Christmas" and walked into the store without giving their names.
When the family opened the card, there was a 100 dollar bill inside and a note that said it was in memory of the teachers and children of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT.
Hurst says she and her boyfriend plan to put half of the money toward their son's future in his savings. The other half will be used to pay expenses.
She also says it makes her want to give more to her own community.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rockford students suspended for e-cigarette possession
- My Town Rockford: Volunteers needed for insect identification project
- Hope College players help Miracle League with Spring Training
- My Town Rockford: Toy store participating in Read Across America Day
- Rockford 5th graders dress as wax statues for fundraiser
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project