Police impersonator report was false | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A report of a police impersonator in northern Kent County has proved to be false, with the person making the claim being charged with filing a false police report.
The Kent County Prosecutor's Office has charged John Russell Sturdavant, 18, of Comstock Park. Sturdavant claimed he was approached by another person identifying himself falsely as a police officer.
Detectives were able to learn through their investigation that Sturdavant had been involved in a road rage incident on November 1st, the day of the reported incident. Sturdavant admitted to police that he made up the impersonation report in hopes of getting the other driver in the road rage incident in trouble.
The other driver in the incident has still not been identified. Anyone with further information is asked to call 632-6125.
Sturdavant is making arrangements with police to turn himself in.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Board to address ballpark water upgrade proposal following fire
- My Town: Date set for Art Van Sports Complex grand opening
- Burglars lock up after stealing cigarettes
- 2 hospitalized following 131 crash near Post Drive
- Sun Title Launches EZ-Read Title CommitmentTM for Property Owners, Realtors® and Lenders