Police impersonator report was false | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A report of a police impersonator in northern Kent County has proved to be false, with the person making the claim being charged with filing a false police report.
The Kent County Prosecutor's Office has charged John Russell Sturdavant, 18, of Comstock Park. Sturdavant claimed he was approached by another person identifying himself falsely as a police officer.
Detectives were able to learn through their investigation that Sturdavant had been involved in a road rage incident on November 1st, the day of the reported incident. Sturdavant admitted to police that he made up the impersonation report in hopes of getting the other driver in the road rage incident in trouble.
The other driver in the incident has still not been identified. Anyone with further information is asked to call 632-6125.
Sturdavant is making arrangements with police to turn himself in.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan
- Kenowa Hills music booster accused of stealing $100K