Police impersonator report was false | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A report of a police impersonator in northern Kent County has proved to be false, with the person making the claim being charged with filing a false police report.
The Kent County Prosecutor's Office has charged John Russell Sturdavant, 18, of Comstock Park. Sturdavant claimed he was approached by another person identifying himself falsely as a police officer.
Detectives were able to learn through their investigation that Sturdavant had been involved in a road rage incident on November 1st, the day of the reported incident. Sturdavant admitted to police that he made up the impersonation report in hopes of getting the other driver in the road rage incident in trouble.
The other driver in the incident has still not been identified. Anyone with further information is asked to call 632-6125.
Sturdavant is making arrangements with police to turn himself in.
Upcoming Events near Sparta
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Cannon Township: Pando looks to expand its slopes
- Rockford students suspended for e-cigarette possession
- My Town Rockford: Volunteers needed for insect identification project
- Hope College players help Miracle League with Spring Training
- My Town Rockford: Toy store participating in Read Across America Day
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project